Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:22:07 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Migrant Farmers Traffic Stop in Vermont
« previous next »
: 1 [2] 3 4 5
: Migrant Farmers Traffic Stop in Vermont  ( 52520 )
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #15 : September 15, 2011, 12:04:02 AM »

88 in a 65?

Something goofy going on there.

Hell, here in Alaska, you get tazed for that.
No matter what flavor you are.

Troopers did their job and your Gov is cya, that is a good thing.
Silly, but good.
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #16 : September 15, 2011, 04:43:06 AM »

mike i need to know what cya is?  Our govenor is an idiot and deserves no respect
Thor

« #17 : September 15, 2011, 05:22:51 AM »

Ed,

CYA = cover your a_s. It is a skill that most politicians are intimately familiar with. I believe they learn it in the same class, when they learn about shirking responsibility, casting blame, lying through their teeth (very difficult unless practiced), and reckless spending!
cedarman
: 370

« #18 : September 15, 2011, 10:15:38 AM »

In my experience, police routinely ask everyone who looks over 16 for identification.   That sounds like pretty standard practice/procedure.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #19 : September 15, 2011, 11:01:26 AM »

When I was pulled over when I was younger, a few times, everyone was asked for their ID's in the car.

Yes they are illegal, and like others said will start getting benefits and assistance, which really boils my blood.  I have friends who work their butts off, pay into the system and barely can put food on the table right now and can't get health insurance.

Yes we are a nation built on immigrants, come legally and I welcome you. Work and pay into the system like everyone else...

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
al brodeur
: 216

« #20 : September 15, 2011, 12:56:03 PM »

my belief is that when anyone is pulled over a positive ID of all people should be done along with an outstanding warrent check, how many times after a horrific incident is it made known that just before this pillarof the community was apprended and then released only to be able to mug grannie as she left the bingo game
Mike Raburn

« #21 : September 16, 2011, 12:01:04 AM »

Thank you Thor for 'splaining to Special Ed. I can say that here, Si??

Special ED, YOUR Gov is an idiot????????
I refer you to my 10678 other posts about our Gov that quit.

MKR, a few times??? Pulled over?
Hmmmmmmm..... Bartels & James?
Sue W.
: 167

« #22 : September 16, 2011, 05:40:16 AM »

The response by Gov. Shumlin really makes me mad.  "Looking the other way" is not an acceptable form of dealing with laws in my opinion.  Will it be the precedence for other laws to be viewed in that manner?  Will other types of employers think they can hire illegals for less money than they are currently paying "legal" employees because officials will be "looking the other way"? 

The state policeman did his job, and should have been supported by the Governor.  I want to live in a state where laws are upheld.  And, the people responsible for seeing they are, are valued for doing so.

Thank you for allowing me to vent my frustration. 
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #23 : September 16, 2011, 05:54:18 AM »

The state policeman did his job, and should have been supported by the Governor.  I want to live in a state where laws are upheld.  And, the people responsible for seeing they are, are valued for doing so.

AMEN!!!!!!

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Thor

« #24 : September 16, 2011, 06:20:16 AM »

And can we imagine how much easier the performance of state police and local law enforcement officers jobs would be if the hosed up federal gov't actually did their job and enforced the law and protected the integrity of our borders and our citizens. But the fed's continue to file lawsuits against states that have decided to stiffen their efforts against the illegals. Kinda makes one wonder what the fed's and administration are thinking. Oh yea.... it might revolve around getting votes.
David Shea
: 471

« #25 : September 16, 2011, 08:35:40 AM »

Peter Shumlin has a rich history with VSP.  Remember his speeding ticket last fall & how it somehow vanished into thin air?
Thor

« #26 : September 16, 2011, 08:39:19 AM »

Is that right Dave? Hell if we can get the speeding ticket back and just make Shumlin disappear!! I will pay the ticket!!
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #27 : September 16, 2011, 09:48:57 AM »

http://www.wptz.com/news/29199164/detail.html?treets=pla&tid=26511198156813&tml=pla_7am&tmi=pla_7am_1_09000109162011&ts=H

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Mike Raburn

« #28 : September 17, 2011, 02:33:28 AM »

http://www.wptz.com/news/29199164/detail.html?treets=pla&tid=26511198156813&tml=pla_7am&tmi=pla_7am_1_09000109162011&ts=H

Are you kidding me???????

Look the other way?

Special Ed, you hit the nail on the head!

unreal.

I'd be interested in hearing from Farm Owner's that really need to hire undocumented workers.
I-9s, I have to fill them out at work on a job-site.

How bad do Owners need undocumented workers in VT or anywhere?

Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #29 : September 20, 2011, 07:56:28 AM »

Hmmmm Shumlin's only been govenor for what?  and it's always been VTs position to look the other way.... and the govenor for that last few terms has been.... a republican?  But Douglas didn't get any heat for that.  Do soem research into how many Vters are lining up outside of farms to work there.... or protesting that there's illegals working for cheaper wages then them... matter of fact - research that in California, Texas, and all southern border states and please bring the credible resources and results back to this forum.

Folks want laws to be followed eh?  Only when they serve and agenda or heated position - such as illegal workers - so it's ok to recially profile if they look to be here illegally - and ok if that tropper was wrong and we pay for the potential civil suit. Ok I see these positions clearer now.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
: