Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:17:52 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Tales Of Our Community
| | |-+  51 Years Ago Today
« previous next »
: [1]
: 51 Years Ago Today  ( 4344 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 03, 2011, 08:28:01 AM »

The above photo was taken 51 years ago today about 4 p.m.  The location was in the driveway between Ed Paquin's house and the house just South of it.  Back at that time, both houses were owned by Adolph & Katherine Hoben, Maryann's parents.  We were just getting ready to leave on our honeymoon to go to Quebec City.  We had left our luggage up at Libby's Funeral Home in Hyde Park (She was one of Maryann's Aunts) and we had driven up a few weeks earlier to Sherbrooke, PQ and reserved a room at a small motel.  The motel room was $10 - We were on a limited budget and had $87 to spend on our honeymoon.  On Tuesday morning, we headed back to Fairfax, having spent our allotted amount.  We never had a lot of money, but that was not the important thing in our lives

Something you don't see nowadays is that we had the wedding reception up at the Old Gym in BFA.  They used the kitchen back then and the meal included some of Kay's homemade chicken pie.  Since this was something special, she did not have biscuits, but a puff pastry to put the chicken and gravy on. Helping Kay to put on the reception for about 300 people was the Lady's Group from St. Luke's Parish.  We had been married that morning by Father Francis Hickey, then Pastor of St. Lukes, in the Old St. Luke's Church, later to become The Steeple Market which later burned to the ground on Christmas Eve.  It was truly a great day and I will always remember it.
« : September 03, 2011, 08:35:44 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : September 03, 2011, 09:10:21 AM »

Thank you, Henry, for sharing some of your fine memories with us.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: