Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:45:20 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  3 People in Fletcher area looking for work
« previous next »
: [1]
: 3 People in Fletcher area looking for work  ( 4577 )
Willinreach
: 33

« : August 30, 2011, 12:14:03 PM »

I was outside earlier mowing my lawn and this old rusty white Ford card pulled into my driveway with 3 people in the car (woman driving, 1 man in passenger seat and one man in the back seat.  One of the men got out of the car and asked me if he could take the scrap metal from my neighbors yard.  I told him that I didn't own the place and then he asked me if I had any work around the house or yard for them to do.  I told them that I was all set and then they took off.

Kind of sketchy if you ask me.  Anyone else see these people?

Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : August 30, 2011, 12:18:21 PM »

I will keep my eyes open for it if I see it around and try to get a license plate number

Henry Raymond
Willinreach
: 33

« #2 : August 30, 2011, 12:23:24 PM »

Thanks Henry.
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #3 : August 30, 2011, 03:44:16 PM »

oh i thought you ment 3 people from fletcher looking for work ...ha well that could be someone from here
David Shea
: 471

« #4 : August 30, 2011, 04:24:12 PM »

A situation like this happened to an elderly friend of mine from Colchester.  A group of people asked her if they could take her scrap iron, they then helped themselves to all of the valuables in her barn, filled her 14 ft aluminum row boat with her belongings and took it away.  The same group then came back and took iron from her basement, in the process broke a brick wall petition and stole many of her deceased husbands tools.

By the time she realized what had been taken and the damage that had  been done, it was to late.

Some time later her house was broken into, all of her husbands coin collection was stolen.  She asked me to fix the door lock, I repaired it but this didn't stop them 2 weeks later they broke in again.  She asked me to install a better deadbolt, I did this as well.  The next time they could not get in the back door because the new deadbolt worked.  They instead broke her bathroom window to get in.

I wanted to sit on her couch and wait for the jerks but my family vetoed the idea.  What kind of jerk steals and breaks into a 80 year old woman's home.  Moral is this stuff happens, I have witnessed it.  This poor woman is now preparing to sell her home because she no longer feels like she is safe there.

Colchester Police came all three times, but never could do anything, nor could the criminal be apprehended.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: