Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:05:18 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfrax Historical Society Meeting Aug. 21st- The Thousand Word Project
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfrax Historical Society Meeting Aug. 21st- The Thousand Word Project  ( 2632 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : August 13, 2011, 01:58:23 PM »

The Fairfax Historical Society will be meeting Sunday August 21st at 6:30pm in the Fairfax Community Library.
The program for the evening will be an interactive unit called The Thousand Word Project.
Based on the idea that "a picture is worth a thousand words", everyone will be able to observe an old picture(below) of Gaut Falls, later known as Fairfax Falls. Those observations will be recorded and noted, and in the end, a tally taken, to see if a picture really IS worth a thousand words. The actual picture, in a frame is quite large.
The agenda for the meeting is below the picture.
The public is invited to attend. For more information, call 849-6638

Fairfax Historical Society
Meeting
Sunday, August 21, 2011
6:30pm
Fairfax Community Library,
75 Hunt Street, Fairfax

Meeting Agenda

1) Welcome, introductions, opening remarks, opportunity for public comments.

2) Minutes of previous meeting

3) Financial report

4) Old Business

5) New Business

6) Election of Officers

Program- The Thousand Word Project. Based on the idea that a picture is worth a thousand words, the society will study an old picture of Gaut Falls, later known as Fairfax Falls. It is large with quite a few items in the picture. Observations will be recorded, words counted, and we will see if a picture is truly worth a thousand words.

7) Adjourn

Public is invited to attend. For more information, call 849-6638

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : August 20, 2011, 12:58:02 PM »

Just a reminder about the meeting Sunday evening. Am hoping for a good turnout. We will post the observations here on Henry's forum, and I will give the Messenger a call to see if they want to publish the observations as well. They did publish the picture and meeting info in the Saturday edition. Looked good!

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: