Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:02:09 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Sketchy salesmen, NY steak and seafood?!?
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Sketchy salesmen, NY steak and seafood?!?  ( 9564 )
K. Greenia
: 17

« : August 09, 2011, 05:59:02 PM »

I just had a visit from a couple guys in a black, older model pick up truck with 2 chest freezers in the back claiming to be part of the New York Steak and Seafood company which they say is opening a satellite office somewhere nearby. Think I should report them? I can;t imagine a reputable company would send sketchy individuals, no brochure, chest freezers strapped to the back of a pick up truck...

I'm very responsible, when ever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.
monte198
: 79

« #1 : August 09, 2011, 06:27:15 PM »

I would report it to local law enforcement just to let them know that they are back in the area.  It has been a couple of years since I saw them in Fairfax they usually set up in Georgia.
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #2 : August 09, 2011, 06:27:27 PM »

did you get a plate number?
mirjo
: 785

« #3 : August 09, 2011, 06:58:35 PM »

This is scary, sad, and comical. The thought of a couple of bozos driving around in a pick-up truck with a chest freezer trying to sell "NY Steak & Seafood" is something out of a National Lampoon movie. The fact that some people (may) actually fall for it is sad. That these creeps are going to people's homes is scary. What's their actual agenda and what's really in those freezers?

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Razzle Dazzle

« #4 : August 10, 2011, 05:58:44 AM »

I would report it to local law enforcement just to let them know that they are back in the area.  It has been a couple of years since I saw them in Fairfax they usually set up in Georgia.

You know of them?  And they've been "around" before?
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #5 : August 10, 2011, 06:10:39 AM »

Interesting that they would be going around the same day as Jump-on-it's VT Steak & Seafood:

Henry Raymond
LauriH
: 53

« #6 : August 10, 2011, 07:51:31 AM »

A wise woman once said, "Never buy seafood from a man riding around in a pickup truck".
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #7 : August 10, 2011, 08:17:51 AM »

wise indeed.

Seems I remember them from a few years ago too.
I didn't buy anything (I must have thought of that wise woman)
but I recall no complaints from some who did.

To be safe, get a plate, call it in.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Mollyd79
: 44

« #8 : August 10, 2011, 08:25:33 AM »

My dad bought a bunch of steaks from a traveling salesperson in MA and gave it to my husband and I for Christmas to 'stock' our freezer. After we cooked it a couple of times and noticed how gray and "unmeat-like" it was, I looked at the box and sure enough it had been expired for a couple of years!! YUCK!
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #9 : August 10, 2011, 09:37:41 AM »

Pretty sure I recall my parents buying some seafood off these guys a few years back.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
klangelier
: 6

« #10 : August 10, 2011, 10:09:52 AM »

Probably not Josh!  But the guy in the pick up with a freezer in the back did stop last week - I told him no thanks.  It seemed very sketchy to me.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #11 : August 10, 2011, 12:19:12 PM »

They are definitely travelling around the area.  I have some of my friends in local towns have them visit as well.  I would definitely not buy from them as I am picky as it is in the store what I purchase :-)

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
workingmom
: 10

« #12 : August 10, 2011, 02:22:23 PM »

I called the State Police about these men last week.  They informed me they are legitimate and they have been in the Franklin County area for a couple of weeks.  They have received a few calls about them and checked them out. 
Razzle Dazzle

« #13 : August 10, 2011, 02:57:45 PM »

I called the State Police about these men last week.  They informed me they are legitimate and they have been in the Franklin County area for a couple of weeks.  They have received a few calls about them and checked them out. 

Good to know.
mirjo
: 785

« #14 : August 12, 2011, 02:34:15 PM »

Seems like an odd way to do business these days, especially with so many people saying no thanks to the whole truck/chest freezer shtick.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: