Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:03:31 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  I-89 Fatality
« previous next »
: [1]
: I-89 Fatality  ( 2844 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : July 29, 2011, 08:55:12 AM »

On July 29, 2011 at approximately 0433 hours, Vermont State Police in Middlesex were called to respond to a reported tractor trailer unit blocking the southbound lanes the State Police were also advised of a male lying in the roadway on the northbound lane.  The male was later identified as Reginald Bailey, 70, of Lebanon New Hampshire.  Investigation indicates that Reginald was operating the tractor trailer and traveling northbound on Interstate 89.  Reginald had pulled over to the side of the road, where he got out to urinate.  While standing outside in front of the vehicle, the vehicle moved at slow speed and Reginald was run over by the tractor trailer which dragged him for several feet.  Reginald laid in the travel lane of the interstate while the tractor trailer continued across the northbound lanes and down the embankment before coming to rest in south portion of the interstate where it blocked the southbound lanes.  Reginald was taken to Central Vermont Medical Center where he was pronounced dead from injuries he sustained from the incident.  A mechanical inspection of the tractor trailer is being conducted by the Department of Motor Vehicle Enforcement units.  This incident is still under investigation.  The State Police in Middlesex are asking that anyone who may have further information into this case to please call (802) 229-9191 and speak with Trooper Conlon.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: