Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:45:21 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Shawn Sweet Dies Unexpectedly At Age 43
« previous next »
: [1]
: Shawn Sweet Dies Unexpectedly At Age 43  ( 5444 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 26, 2011, 06:36:50 AM »

SHAWN L. SWEET

NEWPORT - Shawn Lee Sweet, 43, passed away unexpectedly on Saturday, July 23, 2011, in North Country Hospital of Newport. He was born on May 27, 1968, in Burlington, son of Eric (Rick) and Aline (Pouliot) Sweet. Shawn was raised in Fletcher, graduating from Bellows Free Academy Fairfax in 1986. He wore many "hats" during his short life, but his last "hat" was that of a welding/metal fabrication instructor at North Country Career Center. Before dedicating his life to teaching, Shawn was a member of the Plumbers and Pipefitters Local #693 for 20 years. Shawn will be remembered for his love, support and dedication to his family and friends. It did not matter what he was doing - if help was needed, Shawn would be there. He will also be remembered for his passion in sharing his knowledge of the welding trade. He poured his heart and soul into his students over the past 5+ years at the North Country Career Center teaching and coaching basketball. When he wasn't spending time with loved ones, you could find him out in a garage tinkering on a vehicle, and more often than not it was his Jeep Scrambler which he completely rebuilt. Shawn had a love and passion for many things, some of which included hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling, playing softball and golf, just to name a few. He is survived by his two daughters, Shaunna Sweet of Shelburne and Mariae Sweet of Shelburne; his parents, Eric and Aline (Pouliot) Sweet of Fletcher; a brother, Jessee Sweet and his fiancee, Samantha Sanders, of Fletcher; three sisters, Renee Davis and husband, Michael, of Johnson, Kelley Koch and husband, Christopher, of Fairfax and Erika Kreher and husband, Brian, of Millstadt, Ill.; and many aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins. Visiting hours will be held on Wednesday, July 27, 2011, from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at A. W. Rich Funeral Home - Fairfax Chapel. Funeral services will be held on Thursday, July 28, 2011, at 11 a.m. at BFA - Fairfax with the Reverend Elizabeth Griffin officiating. A committal service will be held on Friday, July 29, 2011, at 12:30 p.m. in the family lot in Binghamville Cemetery. Arrangements are by John D. Workman, A. W. Rich Funeral Home - Fairfax Chapel, 1176 Main Street, Fairfax, VT 05454. The family invites you to share your memories and online condolences by visiting www.awrichfuneralhomes.com. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to a scholarship to be established in his name at North Country Career Center, c/o Eric Sweet, 61 Sweet Berry Lane, Cambridge, VT 05444.
« : July 26, 2011, 06:43:03 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
CindyG
: 19

« #1 : July 26, 2011, 07:34:20 AM »

Shawn was a dear friend of my brother Bill's growing up. I never knew Shawn to say a bad word about anyone the whole time I knew him. My heart goes out to he and his Family.
He was truly a wonderful guy.
khort
: 149

« #2 : July 26, 2011, 07:58:56 AM »

Shawn graduated from BFA with me in 1986. We continued to be friends to this day. He was a genuinely nice guy, that was always there to help or just have a kind word to say. My thoughts & prayers go out to all of his family as they struggle to make sense of his untimely death.
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #3 : July 28, 2011, 09:01:14 AM »

Funeral services will be held on Thursday, July 28, 2011, at 11 a.m. at BFA - Fairfax with the Reverend Elizabeth Griffin officiating.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #4 : July 28, 2011, 11:45:41 AM »

My thoughts and prayers to the Sweet Family.  I was in his sister Kelley's class, but knew Shawn as everyone else did; he was a super nice guy with a great sense of humor. I have fond memories of snowmobiling with him as well; which he never minded giving a ride.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: