Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:57:40 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Where Were You On September 11, 2001
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Where Were You On September 11, 2001  ( 12735 )
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #15 : September 12, 2011, 11:08:12 AM »

I was in Altamonte Springs, Florida for Lucent training.  We had an instructor from another room come in and say the twin towers just got hit by a plane. We quickly turned on the tv and saw the second plane hit.  At this point, several of my classmates were from NYC and had fellow employees in that building as well as family.  We all gave them our cell phones so they could try and get a hold of someone from home.  We were all sent home for the day and told to carry our identification everywhere we went.  Thank goodness for the first time I had a fellow employee travelling with me doing training as well.  I was so thankful for having an ex-military co-worker/dear friend with me. 

We were glued to the tv and trying to figure out how we were going to get home.  I never wanted to be home and with my parents more than that moment.  My Mom looked up trains, buses, and no luck.  They let us take our rental car from Florida to VT.  My Mom got online and made sure we took routes that would get us home as DC/NY area had been blocked.  We had to go way around and the backside of NY to get to VT; 36 hours to get home instead of 23.  Joey and I headed home Thursday during a tropical storm.  That was a hell ride for the first 6 hours, but we wanted to be home.  The rest of the trip home was one I will never forget.  Everyone had flags out, everyone was helping everyone, kindness throughout our whole journey up the east coast.  The construction electronic signs all had flags from state to state.

I was never so happy as to when I walked into my parents home and hugged and kissed them both.

God Bless all of those who lost their family and friends that day and to the heroes who went in to save lives.  I will never forget. ~ Mary Kay

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Jim M
: 20

« #16 : September 12, 2011, 12:09:17 PM »

I was in St. Luke's Cemetary as Wilfred's ashes were laid to rest.

And then to visit David & Janet on Lake St., St. Albans  where we watched the destruction on  TV.

My wife and a daughter had flown to Jackson Hole and were due home the next day.......

Well, United was NOT flying so a son took them to Idaho Falls, Idaho where they got
            on a bus for a three day ride back to Burlington. That's a three 24 hours a day ride, not funny for them.

Hang Up:   You're NOT driving a 'phone booth.
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: