Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:44:51 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Mariette Lavallee Dies At Age 64
« previous next »
: [1]
: Mariette Lavallee Dies At Age 64  ( 4184 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 16, 2011, 07:06:29 AM »

MARIETTE G. "MICKEY" LAVALLEE

COLCHESTER - Mariette Gabrielle "Mickey" Lavallee, 64, passed away on Friday, July 15, 2011, at the Vermont Respite House in Williston following several courageous battles with cancer. The youngest of seven children, she was born on Feb. 3, 1947, in St. Albans Hospital, daughter of the late George and Simone (Laverdure) Lavallee of Fairfax. Mickey was a graduate of BFA-Fairfax class of 1965. She had been employed over the years by Champion-JogBra, Pool World, Vermont Teddy Bear, retiring from IBM and most recently Eurest Dining Services. Mickey looked forward to basketball season and was a great fan of both St. Michael's and the UVM women's teams. She was also an avid collector of Mickey Mouse memorabilia. Mariette is survived by her partner of 20 years, Carol Hollenbeck of Colchester; a brother, Paul Lavallee and wife, Pauline, of Fairfax; a sister, Claire Lemnah and husband, Ralph, of Fairfax; eight nieces and nephews; two stepnephews; three great-nieces; five greatnephews; one great-greatnephew; several aunts and uncles, including a special Aunt Therese; godmother, Gabrielle Pouliot; and many cousins. Mickey also leaves many friends who were close and dear to her. She was also predeceased by her sisters, Pauline Lavallee in 2002; Paulette Lavallee in 2007; and her brother, Normand Lavallee in 2007. Visiting hours will be held on Sunday, July 17, 2011, from 2 to 5 p.m. at A. W. Rich Funeral Home - Essex Chapel. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Monday, July 18, 2011, at 11 a.m. in St. Mark Church, 1251 North Ave., Burlington, with the Reverend William Giroux officiating. Inurnment will be held at the convenience of the family in the family lot in St. Luke Cemetery, Fairfax. Memorial contributions may be made to Susan G. Komen for the Cure , Attn: Donor Services, P.O. Box 650309 Dallas, TX 752650309, or St. Jude Children's Research Hospital , Attn: Tribute Program, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105-1942. Arrangements are by John D. Workman, A. W. Rich Funeral Home - Essex Chapel, 57 Main Street, Essex Jct., VT 05452. The family invites you to share your memories and condolences by visiting www.awrichfuneralhomes.com.

Henry Raymond
tweetie1
: 71

« #1 : July 16, 2011, 12:24:12 PM »

R.I.P. Dear Friend and long time neighbor while growing up together. You were loved by many and will surely be missed.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : July 17, 2011, 03:49:17 AM »

I 2nd Tweetie's remarks,,,,

Lavallee's are great people.

sad.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: