Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:14:58 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  FXFD Ladder Truck Group Picture and Ladder Training
« previous next »
: [1]
: FXFD Ladder Truck Group Picture and Ladder Training  ( 9112 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : July 12, 2011, 10:12:29 PM »

Rhett Heald and Tom Hungerford were at the fire station Tuesday night, for a group photo with the department and the new ladder truck. Rhett and Tom purchased the truck from the St. Albans City Fire Department, and offered it to Fairfax to "borrow" and maintain. The department thanks the two gentlemen for their generosity.

L-R Rhett Heald, Tom Hungerford, former FXFD Chief Jim Field and current Chief Justin Hayes.

Afterwards, the department members had hands-on training with Lt. Dave Raymond from the St. Albans City Fire Department. Chief Hayes referred to Lt. Raymond as the "Ladder Guru" as Dave has done extensive maintenence on the ladder truck and knows the truck inside and out.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
treebeard34
: 103

« #1 : July 13, 2011, 01:06:04 AM »

Wow those are fantastic pictures thanks for sharing Mike. Times sure have changed and the Fairfax Department has surely done a great job changing with them. great job and thanks to all FXFD department (past and present) for making that happen

Mark Teague
tweetie1
: 71

« #2 : July 13, 2011, 12:28:12 PM »

Mike GREAT SHOTS--especially the next to last with the moon in the background--THAT ONE IS AWESOME
vtoutdoorguymb
: 136

« #3 : July 13, 2011, 10:03:42 PM »

This is a great piece of equipment, we are lucky to have it! Thanks again to Tom and Rhett!
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #4 : July 18, 2011, 01:00:51 AM »

Those pics got me thinkin, I do that now and then.

We had 3 story buildings on ADAK down at the Naval Air Station.

We didn't have a ladder truck and luckily we never needed one when I was on island.

Thankfully I was mostly at the NSGA station 5, Naval Security Group Activity, where everything was one story OR underground.

I never thought of taking pics there either.
My lose.
Kathleen
: 167

« #5 : July 18, 2011, 07:21:36 AM »

In the picture showing the moon, there is a large white speck on the right side of the ladder. It's so bright and big, I was thinking it must be a planet.  Does anyone know?
: [1]  
« previous next »
: