Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:01:27 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  21 Year Old Jeffersonville Biker Killed In Tennessee
« previous next »
: [1]
: 21 Year Old Jeffersonville Biker Killed In Tennessee  ( 4840 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 14, 2011, 06:55:28 AM »

A Tennessee Highway Patrol report cited by The Knoxville News Sentinel states Dan Ford of Cosby had been drinking before his pickup truck hit two women riding bicycles Tuesday night.
 Katelin Richardson of Jeffersonville, Vt., was killed. The trooper stated neither rider was wearing a helmet, but concluded the device would probably not have saved the 21-year-old Richardson's life. The other rider, 19-year-old Rachel Warren of Seattle, was not seriously injured.

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : July 14, 2011, 07:33:03 AM »

There's a local tie to this and my thoughts and prayers go out to her friends in Fairfax.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
mrome
: 37

« #2 : July 14, 2011, 09:28:26 PM »

Katelyn's folks are long time friends of mine from Jeffersonville. Her mom Kathy has taught math at Lamoille Union for many, many years. Her dad Bob works at the Union Bank and previously worked for People's Trust. Bob, Kathy, and I went to Johnson State College together back in the 70's. Katelyn was their only child. She was a soccer star at Lamoille Union High School and at UVM. She had just graduated from college and was going to school in the fall to pursue her dream of becoming a physical therapist. She wanted to get away from books for the summer and took a job in Tennessee as a river guide, taking people white water rafting. This accident is tragic. DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!!!

Margo
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : July 16, 2011, 08:13:04 AM »

Today's Burlington Free Press had a story on this young girl:

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20110716/NEWS02/110716004/

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #4 : July 18, 2011, 06:49:19 AM »

KATELIN ANNE "KATE" RICHARDSON JEFFERSONVILLE - Katelin Anne "Kate" Richardson , 21, died unexpectedly Tuesday, July 12, 2011, in Newport, Tenn. Kate was born Aug. 4, 1989, in Morrisville, the daughter of Robert J. and Kathleen "Kathi" Schaefer Richardson. She was a 2007 graduate of Lamoille Union High School. She excelled in soccer at Lamoille and played a year of lacrosse as well. Upon her graduation, she attended UVM for a year and was a member of the women's soccer team. Kate transferred to Springfield College in Springfield, Mass., where she continued her soccer career and received her bachelor's degree and was working towards a doctorate in the physical therapy program. She was a member of the Vermont Lady Voltage, Nordic Soccer, and any other soccer game she could find. Kate loved athletics; swimming, running and skiing at Smuggs with the old guys and her other friends, in addition to her school sports. She recently became enthralled with whitewater rafting and enjoyed working at Smoky Mountain Rafting in Tennessee this summer. She is survived by her parents, Robert and Kathleen "Kathi" Richardson of Jeffersonville; her maternal grandmother, to whom she was very close, Joan Schaefer of Niskayuna, N.Y.; her uncles and aunts, Ken Schaefer of Schenectady, N.Y., Kevin Schaefer of Malta, N.Y., Karen Bunch of Bristol, and Cath Kiwitt of Elon, N.C.; cousins, Ken, Steve, Kristine, Kayla, Christopher, Zoe, Julian, Toby, and Tucker; Kate's two dear friends, Lucy Higgins of Jeffersonville, whom she knew since early elementary school, and Kyle McLean of Eden; so many other friends too numerous to mention; and Murphy the dog. A memorial service will be held Saturday, July 23, 2011, at 11 a.m. from the auditorium at Lamoille Union High School. Visitation will be Friday, July 22, 2011, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the White-Fiess Funeral Home, 165 Brooklyn St., Morrisville. Contributions in Kate's memory may be made to North Country Animal League, 3524 Laporte Rd., Morrisville, VT 05661.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: