Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:20:24 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  New Ladder Truck Gets First Call-Pictures from Westford
« previous next »
: [1]
: New Ladder Truck Gets First Call-Pictures from Westford  ( 3798 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : July 06, 2011, 10:54:47 PM »

The new ladder truck was used on a fire call for the first time Wednesday for the structure fire in Westford. I was near the port-a-pond, opening chutes on the tankers to fill the pond. That's when these pictures were taken. Later I was closer to the house, keeping track of who was in the building and for how long. I didn't take pictures during that time.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : July 07, 2011, 08:01:42 AM »

Thanks Mike - Great photos, I was over there last night, but did not take any photos.  From the outside looks like you prevented a lot of damage from being done.

Henry Raymond
HayesFXFD17
: 125

« #2 : July 07, 2011, 09:28:43 AM »

The ladder truck proved to be invaluable yesterday as limited personnel on scene did not afford for manipulation of ground ladders.  We were able to access the roof quickly and safely to provide ventilation so the interior crews could get in and knock down the fire.  A very successful save with limited damage confined to one area of the home.  Crews from Westford, Fairfax and Milton worked well together to make a successful and safe operation.

Justin Hayes
Fire Chief
Fairfax Fire
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #3 : July 09, 2011, 01:33:54 AM »

Glad you all had it, sad you had to use it.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: