Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:27:30 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  7/2/11 Pictures of the Day and Blog- Anthony's New Adventure
« previous next »
: [1]
: 7/2/11 Pictures of the Day and Blog- Anthony's New Adventure  ( 2792 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : July 01, 2011, 10:16:00 PM »

Saturday July 2, 2011
Pictures of the Day

A 410 cubic inch motor. Anthony usually runs a 360.

Paul Lague working on the engine. (Anthony posted both pictures on Facebook.)

ANTHONY'S NEW ADVENTURE

Anthony and Lonnie purchased a 410 cubic inch motor for the sprint car a couple of months ago. Anthony found a used one for sale and it was reasonably priced. This is the same size motor that the World of Outlaws run. Another 410 club is the All Star Circuit of Champions, made up of quite a few racers from Pennsylvania, Ohio, and the Midwest.
The All Stars have three races in our area next week. Monday July 4th at Autodrome Granby, the next night at Autodrome Drummond, and then Thursday night at Mohawk Raceway in Hogansburgh, NY. Anthony will test his skill with these guys. It will be different than the 360. A couple of hundred extra horsepower. Not to mention quicker lap times.
Anthony talked with other ESS drivers about the difference between a 360 and a 410. One driver said a half mile track will feel like a quarter mile track. Another driver said going from point A to point B is very quick.
Since all sprint cars are basically built the same way, competing with the All Stars will be like one of the Thunder Road Late Model regulars putting in a different engine in their car and trying to compete with the Nationwide cars at Loudon.
The end of July sees the World of Outlaws come to our area. Sunday July 24th they will be at Lebanon Valley Speedway. The following Saturday, they will be at Autodrome Drummond. Depending on how things go next week, Anthony may give Lebonan Vally a try, but will definitely join them at Drummond. This is the equivolent of trying to race with the Sprint Cup guys.
This is going to be exciting.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: