Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:06:53 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Snack survey in Fairfax?
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3 4
: Snack survey in Fairfax?  ( 30206 )
greenek
: 54

« : June 25, 2011, 02:13:05 PM »

Someone just stopped by the house, carrying a basket of cookies, crackers and chips. 1 of them handed the basket to my wife and wanted to know if he could come in and take a survey. My wife advised them that she was busy. There were 2 men in total, 1 who stayed in a green mini-van with Vermont plates and 1 who came to the door. They left and kept going.

As they did not identify who they were representing, or display any identification, it seemed suspicious.

Curious if they stopped by anywhere else.

Kevin
Travis
: 141

« #1 : June 25, 2011, 03:52:51 PM »

That sounds very suspicious to me. It sounds more like they wanted to take a survey of your valuables.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : June 25, 2011, 07:17:57 PM »

If they had steaks I'd have invited them in, myself.
Lilone
: 81

« #3 : June 28, 2011, 09:51:19 AM »

They stopped at our house too, we did notice that one of the men in the Van was the same man we saw last year. (vacuum salesman) Not sure why they were looking for a survey this time. . .
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #4 : June 28, 2011, 09:59:53 AM »

Reason number 113 why I answer the door with my glock!! It keeps strange people from ever coming back!! LOL

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Lilone
: 81

« #5 : June 28, 2011, 10:17:05 AM »

LOL!! I'll have to remember that!
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #6 : June 28, 2011, 11:20:44 AM »

It does sound shady.  I would make sure the Sherriff's office is aware and the info on the vehicle.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #7 : June 28, 2011, 12:57:32 PM »

I called the sheriff and let them know.
Is this North Fairfax ? Could anyone here give any road names ?

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Stand Alone Defense

« #8 : June 29, 2011, 08:59:14 AM »

Yesterday, VSP dispatch put out a BOLO for a green mini van going door to door in Fairfax.  If you see the van I would give them a call and report it.  If the sheriff is covering they will transfer your call appropriately to the Sheriffs office.

greenek
: 54

« #9 : June 29, 2011, 12:00:38 PM »

Sorry, I don't get on the forum every day. We are in the village area, on Old Academy Street.

Kevin
Scott
: 152

« #10 : June 29, 2011, 08:47:08 PM »

Similar to Josh, all unexpected visitors to my house are greeted with a Ruger P95 on my side.

Regards,
Scott
Travis

« #11 : June 30, 2011, 06:04:43 AM »

I'm just like Josh and Scott, except mine is a Sig 229 and a dog that doesn't like visitors. The Jehovah's Witnesses probably didn't realize what was hiding behind that door.
monte198
: 79

« #12 : June 30, 2011, 06:47:47 AM »

being in law enforcement i entertained the individuals when they stopped by just to see what they were up to.  Same old scam they offer something to get in your home and are trying to sell vacuums.  Last time they brought a six pack of coke this time it was baked goods.  Traveling salesmen. 

I have heard of a company that has employed individuals solely to provide surveys.
Stand Alone Defense

« #13 : June 30, 2011, 09:45:45 AM »

I'm just like Josh and Scott, except mine is a Sig 229 and a dog that doesn't like visitors. The Jehovah's Witnesses probably didn't realize what was hiding behind that door.

Go Travis you big $$$$spender$$$$ LOL. P229 is an awesome handgun my brother has one I love the way it shoots!

Travis

« #14 : June 30, 2011, 10:22:58 AM »

Go Travis you big $$$$spender$$$$ LOL. P229 is an awesome handgun my brother has one I love the way it shoots!

I absolutely love it. I bought a Sig certified used one from the Powderhorn in Williston. It was only $525. I found a great deal online for a used P232 that I bought for my wife. It cost $385 and came with 3 mags, Hogue and original grips, and 2 holsters. It had a problem with the slide lock and I called Sig. I told them that I bought it second hand from a private sale and they sent me a next day shipping label and I sent it out. They fixed it up, gave it a complete once over and shipped it back the next day. All free of charge.

You can buy a used one, and be confident that Sig will stand behind it if there are problems. They are a great company to deal with.
: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
: