Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:23:03 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Bellows Free Academy
| |-+  BFA Sports Events
| | |-+  Robbie Renaldo Named Athlete Of The Week By BFP
« previous next »
: [1]
: Robbie Renaldo Named Athlete Of The Week By BFP  ( 7704 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 18, 2011, 07:48:26 AM »

Robbie Rinaldo
BFA-Fairfax baseball
Senior, 18

Interests and favorites:

* Food: Pesto

* TV Show: SportsCenter

* Movie: Green Street Hooligans

* Music: Tom Petty

* Hangout: Fishing

* Book: The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon

* Class: History

* The performance: After tossing four-plus innings of relief with eight strikeouts in the semifinal win, Rinaldo twirled a masterful 11-strikeout performance to lead BFA-Fairfax to the Division III crown over previously undefeated Northfield.

* Rinaldo on the performance: “My shoulder and elbow were both hurting, but after getting a chance to warm up, I loosened up and was ready to go. It was great, and my catcher and I were in the zone.”

* Coach Mike Brown about Rinaldo: “He desperately wanted to pitch. Instead of shrinking from the challenge, he rose to the challenge in a way that is inspiring.”

* Notable: Undecided on college plans, but hopes to continue to play baseball. Transferred from Pittsburgh at the start of his junior year, coming from a school of 4,000 students.

Northern and Central Vermont athletic directors and coaches are encouraged to make nominations by sending an e-mail to aabrami@burlingtonfreepress.com or calling 660-1848.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: