Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:54:18 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  FAIRFAX FOOTBALL - FAIRFAX REC PARK APPRECIATION
« previous next »
: [1]
: FAIRFAX FOOTBALL - FAIRFAX REC PARK APPRECIATION  ( 2804 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 04, 2004, 06:35:31 AM »

Hi All,

I received the following note from Ron Mapes regarding the football game last Saturday:

“Henry I wanted to drop you a note and let you know that the Patriot's and Bullet's won their home games on Sat. A long day for some us, some of the people started at 6:00 AM to get the coffee going, I got to the field at 6:45 AM to help set-up. The McNall's have a hay wagon with a platform on top so I can film the games.“

For more information on this and other games, go to:

http://bfafootball.fairfaxpatriots.org/news.html

I also received the following note from Myles Cahoon who asked that I put this up.  The Fairfax Community Recreation Park Group is very grateful for all the help they have received and certainly hope they have not forgotten anyone:

“Thanks to the efforts of many members of the Fairfax community, the new multi-purpose athletic field at BFA-Fairfax has been landscaped, seeded and mulched.  This field, as part of the Fairfax Community Park, will be a valuable resource to both the school and the greater community, providing practice and game space for many of the sports teams in our rapidly growing
town.

Special thanks go to Bob Ovitt's Construction, for spending over a week's time on short notice to finish the site work on the field and the access road to the Community Park.  Special thanks also go to Phil Pelkey of PJ's Lawn Service for taking the extra time to make sure we have a field we can all be proud of.

On Tuesday, September 28, about a dozen volunteers came together to complete the raking, seeding and mulching of the field and some surrounding areas.  These people took a total of almost 50 hours from their busy schedules to help get the field ready for use next spring.  Workers included Myles Cahoon, Doug Stewart, Bob Horr, Robert Stewart, Marvin Nelson, Lyall Smith, Matt Reese, Corey Raab, Dale Bellows, Mike Cady, and Ed Nutall.  The school also contributed use of their equipment to help with the work.  Many thanks also go to Gary Stewart for his many hours of help over the course of the summer, to Bernard Keefe for his loan of equipment, to Bryce McNall for helping to haul materials to the site, to Don Pidgeon for his help and expert advise, and to Joey Pidgeon of Pidgeon Brothers Excavating for his donated work and advise, to Peter and Karen Fitzgerald for their generous donation of almost 200 bales of hay, to Greg Beeman for the loan of his lazer transit.  Apologies go out to anyone who helped, but was omitted from this list.

There are still a few tasks to be done to complete for this phase of the project, which we hope to complete this year.  Much work still needs to be done to complete Phase II and the Bicycle Path.  We will be working over the winter to come up with a plan to finish these two components next summer.

Anyone wishing to contribute time, money, or materials is urged to contact Myles Cahoon at 849-6695, menmy@sover.net.”

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: