Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:55:38 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Major Marc Orton Pays Fairfax A Visit
« previous next »
: [1]
: Major Marc Orton Pays Fairfax A Visit  ( 3004 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 14, 2011, 11:17:05 AM »

Lots of people here in our little town of Fairfax were wondering what that airplane was doing flying around town, BFA-Fairfax and Buck Hollow.  Well, it was Major Marc Orton, son of Margot Orton who was here on a 24 hour layover.  Marc graduated from BFA in 1992 and joined the Air Force 18 years ago.  He is stationed at Colorado Springs and Margot tells me that he plans on retiring in 2 years.  Marc is also the brother of Steve Orton and Steve & Lynn Orton have 3 youngsters attending BFA Fairfax and they were outside waving and shouting and holding signs when their Uncle Marc was flying overhead.  Mike Cain was caught off guard, but did get a photo with his cell phone and JoAnne Wilkins got a photo of it, which I have in another post here on my forum.  I just spoke with Margot and she sure is a proud Mom and rightly so - I did not want to put Marc's name up without someone's permission, so I knew if I got Mom's permission, it would be fine.  Thanks for brightening up the day here in Fairfax Marc.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : June 14, 2011, 11:28:35 AM »

I also made contact with Marc on Facebook and he told me:

"Glad everyone one enjoyed it.

Yeah sure you can use my name, we were doing low level training. Having my family be able to see it was just an added benefit."

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : June 14, 2011, 11:34:26 AM »

I bet Lynn and Steve's kids were pretty excited to see Uncle Marc fly by!  Sorry I missed it!  Marc is an old friend and thanks to Facebook I get to still keep up with him and his family!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: