Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:56:26 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Police Impersonator Warning
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Police Impersonator Warning  ( 14071 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : June 09, 2011, 08:15:15 PM »

STATE OF VERMONT DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
VERMONT STATE POLICE PRESS RELEASE

Impersonating a Police Officer Incident in Lamoille County

Lieutenant Detective Brian Miller, Vermont State Police, Williston Barracks - 802-878-7111

Morrisville, VT 6/9/2011 – On the evening of June 8 at approximately 6:40PM, a female driver was pulled over by what appeared to be an unmarked police cruiser on Route 15 in Morrisville, headed towards Wolcott. She stopped in a pull-off on the right side of Route 15 when she saw the blue lights. A male exited his vehicle, approached the female’s vehicle, and ordered the female out of the car.  While out of the car the suspect groped the female, at which time she was able to get away from him.

The male was described as approximately 6 feet tall, dark hair with a receding hairline and graying on the sides, and a moustache.  He was wearing a button up, short sleeve shirt with an embroidered police star with a person’s name around the star.  He was wearing a handgun and a yellow taser. The male may have injuries to his face from where the victim fought him off.

The vehicle was described as an older model white sedan that had a light bar and spotlight. The victim described the vehicle as a “recycled” police cruiser.

“We believe the suspect did have a weapon in his possession during the incident,” advised Lieutenant Brian H. Miller, of the Vermont State Police. “Please use caution if you come into contact with similar suspect and call the state police immediately.”

Detectives are continuing to investigate this incident and are requesting help from the public in identifying the suspect. The Vermont State Police encourage the community to please come forward with any information about this incident or the suspect involved. If you have information regarding this case please contact the Vermont State Police - Williston Barracks at 802-878-7111 or call Champlain Valley Crime Stoppers at 800-427-8477.

The victim’s name is being withheld due to the nature of the incident. No further information is available, at this time. When more information becomes available, the state police will issue an update.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Razzle Dazzle

« #1 : June 10, 2011, 05:19:03 AM »

I hope they get him.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : June 10, 2011, 06:57:40 AM »

Composite Sketch of the Man from Fox 44 Website:

Henry Raymond
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #3 : June 10, 2011, 05:16:11 PM »

that looks like ted miller from island pond
Thor

« #4 : June 12, 2011, 07:55:23 AM »

Ed,

I have some ideas on how to handle this problem, but won't post here. But there is a good chance that this guy has gone to ground for awhile, if things didn't go as planned on his last foray. Additionally, with it out in the news now, it may be awhile before he works up the courage to try it again. If he does do it again in the near future, it will probably be well off the beaten path, possibly in a different vehicle type. So people (ladies) need to stay extra vigiliant when/if an unmarked car attempts to pull them over. One of the routes that has minimum traffic, particularly later in the day/into the night.

Does anyone know if any of the local Law Enforcement agencies, Sheriffs dept's, use unmarked cars? If not, then the answer is absolutely do not stop for anything other than a police car. Additionally, if a female driver is alone, and this situation presents itself, do not pull over immediately, just continue at a safe speed, to a well lit, hopefully open business. I am sure any reasonable police officer will understand the reasoning, when explained why they didn't pull over immediately.
Scott
: 152

« #5 : June 12, 2011, 03:35:05 PM »

Most every agency runs unmarked cars...but usually not ones with a full light bar on top.
« : June 12, 2011, 03:40:47 PM Scott »

Regards,
Scott
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #6 : June 13, 2011, 12:45:52 PM »

When this occurred in Essex with a different guy, they suggested if you have cell coverage and are concerned if this is a real unmarked car, to call 911 and let them know you are being asked to be pulled over and are uncertain if this is a real officer.

I was in Fletcher heading to Cambridge about 10 years ago and it was dusk, a Police vehicle, with not colors or our police, turned his lights on behind me.  I KNEW he was out of his area for sure and so I was not stopping.  I just kept heading to Cambridge.  He finally used his PA system and said "Can you please pull over, I am lost!"  I did and he was a NY Sherrif heading to Smugglers Notch and wasn't sure if he was heading in the right way.  We both laughed and he said he did not blame me for not stopping and thanked me.  Now a days, I definitely would not stop until I was in a lit area with people around.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #7 : June 14, 2011, 01:16:16 AM »

Anyone tried seeing if he'd eat a dough nut if given to him.... True test there.
Josh?
Razzle Dazzle

« #8 : June 14, 2011, 05:57:59 AM »

Anyone tried seeing if he'd eat a dough nut if given to him.... True test there.
Josh?

:D
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #9 : June 14, 2011, 11:22:01 AM »

Mike I'd smack you if you lived in town LOL

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Thor

« #10 : June 14, 2011, 12:47:59 PM »

Might be time to buy stock in the "trunk monkey" company!! He can handle cops and thugs with equal enthusiasm!
Travis
: 141

« #11 : June 14, 2011, 01:23:15 PM »

Josh,  when I lived in NY twice I saw police cars with lights and sirens pull into Dunkin Donuts with about 4 other cars already in the lot and the officers in line at the counter.
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #12 : June 14, 2011, 06:17:46 PM »

STATE OF VERMONT DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
VERMONT STATE POLICE PRESS RELEASE

Impersonating a Police Officer Incident in Lamoille County

Detective Sergeant Jim Claremont, Vermont State Police, Williston Barracks - 802-878-7111

Morrisville, VT 6/9/2011 – As part of the continuing investigation into the police officer impersonation incident that was reported on Wednesday June 8, the Vermont State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation conducted a follow up interview today with the purported victim, Ashley C. Martin age 25 of East Calais, Vermont. During the course of the interview, Martin acknowledged that the story was completely fabricated

On Wednesday June 8 at approximately 7:30 PM Ashley Martin called the Morristown Police Department and reported that she was stopped earlier that evening by a man driving a Lamoille County Sheriff’s Department cruiser.  She said she was stopped in a dirt pull off along Vermont Route 15 in the town of Morrisville. She said the man groped her and sexually assaulted her. In an interview later that night, Martin described the suspect vehicle as an older, recycled police cruiser.  She also said the man was armed with a handgun and taser and he ordered her out of her car.   

Martin was charged with making a false report to a law enforcement officer.  She is set to be arraigned on the charge in Vermont Superior Court Criminal Division in Hyde Park on Wednesday, July 6, at 12:30 PM.

The Vermont State Police extend their appreciation to the community and the media for their assistance with the many leads that came in. The Vermont State Police also thank all of the officers from multiple agencies that worked in cooperation on this case.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
MikeF9
: 1994

« #13 : June 14, 2011, 10:33:18 PM »

Well, much ado about nothing, I guess. Get everyone all haired out for nothing.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Razzle Dazzle

« #14 : June 15, 2011, 06:05:39 AM »

I guess she got her much needed attention now didn't she?
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: