Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:21:35 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Bellows Free Academy
| |-+  BFA Sports Events
| | |-+  BFA Replaces Second Coach This Year
« previous next »
: [1]
: BFA Replaces Second Coach This Year  ( 7666 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 14, 2011, 06:59:46 PM »

(As reported by The St. Albans Messenger Friday, May 13, 2011 Edition)

Karr takes helm for softball

For the second time during this school year, BFA-Fairfax has had to replace a coach of a girls varsity team following a resignation during the season.

Seth McQuade has resigned as varsity softball coach at BFA, athletic director Mike Brown confirmed Thursday, saying that Quentin Karr will fill the role for the remainder of the season.

"Obviously we have a personnel issue at play here, and Seth resigned his position," Brown said. "Quentin has assumed the interim varsity position for the remainder of the season."

On Feb. 11, Jim Driscoll resigned as the Bullets' varsity girls basketball coach. Brown confirmed that the incident that led McQuade to resign last week did not involve players on the softball team.

Henry Raymond
ohhman
: 469

« #1 : May 16, 2011, 01:31:40 PM »

Congrats on an excellent choice for a new coach!! I have seen Quent there daily practicing with the girls since his own 2 were players! He is a super great guy I have known for a long time & I am so happy for the girls to have someone dedicated to step up.  His wife Marlene is also awesome with the kids she coaches & helps out with.  Fairfax is lucky to have dedicated people & there are many of them in our town!!  Here's wishing them the BEST!!!
Dick Brown
: 414

« #2 : May 18, 2011, 01:06:50 PM »

Indeed , this was a good choice . Quent was an excellent athlete and is an exceptional person who has continued to support BFA & the Town of Fairfax ever since his graduation in 1978 .  From my observation , Marlene and he are a good team . Moreover , they  will not be as concerned about wins or losses as much as they will be concerned about the players under their directions , but both are very competitive and , in my judgement , will instill this feeling in their team.  How I would have liked  to be at a Bullet Varsity Softball home game with LUHS if Marlene's sister Carolyn was still coaching at Lamoille , Gary was providing the game announcing and Doug & his late brother Bob were spectators behind home plate .  Looking forward to hearing good news about the team .
Shadylane08
: 125

« #3 : May 19, 2011, 09:43:53 AM »

"the incident that led to McQuade to resign last week did not involve players on the softball team."  Instead I heard it involved one coach Browns very own baseball players hmmmm.

Quiny is a great guy, will be a good coach, and will help those girls a lot!  I just hope he has a teachers certificate to stay coaching there (another unique to say it nicely BFA fairfax rule)

Good luck girls, continue to work hard, and Good luck Quiny with the politics . . . . I think your going to need it!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: