Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:07:36 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  LIBRARY SPONSORS FOLKLORIC DANCING OCTOBER 10TH
« previous next »
: [1]
: LIBRARY SPONSORS FOLKLORIC DANCING OCTOBER 10TH  ( 2927 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 30, 2004, 06:08:20 PM »

The following notice was sent to me by Rev. Elizabeth:
On Sunday, October 10, a group of Nicaraguan women will be performing folkloric dancing at BFA in the Old Gym.  The performance starts at 7 and is sponsored by the Library. These women come from one of the poorest neighborhoods in Managua and have trained for months to learn the dances.  They have been touring the North East for the past two weeks.   There is no charge, but there will be a free will offering, refreshments, and a gourd art display of work the women do.

The women will be spending the weekend in Fairfax, coming to church on Sunday and being feted at a potluck lunch after church.  Folks should feel welcome to come to the potluck which will begin around noon.  They are all members of an organization called Women in Action which provides education, health, nutrition and craft opportunities for the women and children of the community.  I have visited and worked with the group twice, the first time Patti Smith came with me, and the second, Jen Chamberlin.
This performance should be both beautiful and fun.  And the women are inspiring.  

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: