Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:47:30 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Traffic Safety Without Borders
« previous next »
: [1]
: Traffic Safety Without Borders  ( 7122 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : April 22, 2011, 12:31:50 PM »

STATE OF VERMONT DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
VERMONT STATE POLICE PRESS RELEASE

Operation Traffic Safety without Borders
Lt. John Flannigan, Traffic Safety Operations Commander – Williston Barracks, 802-872-4048
Captain Robert Evans, Assistant Field Force Commander – Headquarters, 802-244-8775

St. Albans, VT – 4/20/2011 – On April 22, 2011, the Sûreté du Québec (Quebec Provincial Police), Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire and New York State Police with participate in a joint traffic enforcement initiative “Operation Traffic Safety without Borders”.  This operation will occur on Good Friday kicking off Easter weekend with an anticipated increase in traffic for both inbound and outbound travelers between Vermont and Quebec.

The initiative will take place on Friday, April 22 between 10AM and 7PM. The area will consist of border areas in both Franklin and Grand Isle counties, with an emphasis on major corridors, such as Interstate 89 and US Routes 7 and 2, as these areas have the highest volume and concentration of international traffic.

“High visibility aggressive traffic enforcement can influence driving behavior and reduce traffic crashes and detect criminal activity,” said Captain Robert Evans, Assistant Field Force Commander. “The Vermont State Police look forward to working with our neighboring law enforcement agencies during this initiative.”

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : April 22, 2011, 05:05:09 PM »

legalized terrorism is what that is
sdogallen
: 51

« #2 : April 22, 2011, 05:40:58 PM »

Make sure and clean your license plates everyone!
vtoutdoorguymb
: 136

« #3 : April 22, 2011, 09:10:46 PM »

As someone who has to take care of all the...um... patients... that choose to speed, drive dangerously, drive drunk, and don't wear seat belts, I have to applaud any effort made to decrease crashes and protect these people from themselves (and others from them!)

Law enforcement being visible and vigilant seems like a pretty benign way to get this done...
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #4 : April 22, 2011, 10:06:23 PM »

STATE OF VERMONT DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
VERMONT STATE POLICE PRESS RELEASE

Operation Traffic Safety without Borders
On 04/22/2011 between 1030 and 1830 hours, The Vermont State Police, the Quebec Provincial Police and the US Border Patrol partnered up in a joint law enforcement traffic initiative, "Operation Traffic Safety without Borders".  The detail took place in the Northwest corner of Vermont on Routes 2,7, 78 and Interstate 89. New York, Maine and New Hampshire participated in similar details.
This was a high visibility, aggressive traffic enforcement effort to reduce motor vehicle crashes, mostly related to speed and distracted driving.  In addition, Troopers were on the lookout for other criminal activity that is known to occur near the border.
Today's effort in Vermont resulted in:
69 motor vehicle stops,
23 speeding tickets,
41 warnings for speed,
6 other traffic violation tickets,
2 suspended drivers.
130 persons contacted.

7 Troopers participated in this effort.

The Vermont State Police would like to remind everyone to obey the posted speed limits and have a safe holiday weekend.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #5 : April 23, 2011, 02:19:48 AM »

Sorry Special Ed,
I have to agree vtoutdoorguymb.

Besides, SPECIAL ED, who wants US to pay the Obama premiums?

Did you know that Friday was also Earth day and President Obama and Air force 1 burnt 55,000 pounds of fuel taking him from the West coast to Andrews?

The More you know.............

Change......

As someone who has to take care of all the...um... patients... that choose to speed, drive dangerously, drive drunk, and don't wear seat belts, I have to applaud any effort made to decrease crashes and protect these people from themselves (and others from them!)

Law enforcement being visible and vigilant seems like a pretty benign way to get this done...
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #6 : April 23, 2011, 04:51:48 AM »

let me tell you something mike ....the police has gotten way too much power in recent years and its people like you that let them get away with it,get used to it ,forget what can happen if not in check
Razzle Dazzle

« #7 : April 23, 2011, 08:36:15 AM »

Oh my...a debate?
Lets keep it civil...
Razzle Dazzle

« #8 : April 23, 2011, 08:39:45 AM »

Those that I love are on the public roadways often.
I applaud the efforts of our men and women on patrol for public safety.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: