Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:01:50 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Reviews
| | |-+  Wood Furnace
« previous next »
: [1]
: Wood Furnace  ( 6726 )
trussell
: 870

« : April 20, 2011, 09:12:19 PM »

Does anyone have a recommendation for a hot air, wood-burning furnace?  I'm looking to add one to supplement my oil heat.  I've been looking at Vogelzangs and they seem to have pretty good reviews.  Thanks!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Trekr
: 140

« #1 : April 21, 2011, 07:03:07 AM »

I don't know if Wiliamson is still making furnaces, but they used to be rated well too
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #2 : April 21, 2011, 09:19:33 AM »

Just get a wood stove man, then you don't have to worry about anything if the power goes out!!

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
trussell
: 870

« #3 : April 21, 2011, 11:38:44 AM »

I have a wood stove (two actually). But with the mansion I live in they just don't heat it to my liking :)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Trekr
: 140

« #4 : April 21, 2011, 05:03:20 PM »

Wood stove usually radiate, but don't circulate very effectively
FletcherGram
: 103

« #5 : April 21, 2011, 05:59:59 PM »

Our wood furnace is a Central Boiler. We've had it for at least ten years. There are many brands out there. The newer ones are much more efficient. It is an investment. We switched over completely from oil to a wood stove to the wood furnace. In our old farmhouse, we had to install a circulator and hot air exchanger. The heat comes up our floor register just like any furnace. We also use it to heat our hot water. Even in the coldest part of the winter we only put wood in 2x day.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #6 : April 21, 2011, 11:49:17 PM »

Are you all talking real wood or pellets?

: [1]  
« previous next »
: