Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:34:15 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Fairfax Water Bills
« previous next »
: 1 [2] 3
: Fairfax Water Bills  ( 19895 )
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #15 : April 06, 2011, 07:49:06 AM »

i wish I had village water / sewer.

Putting in your own with the current state designs can run $10,000 to $20,000 just for sewer and you are the one that has to take care of any issues. $600 a year and I can call someone else with any issues !!! Sounds like a good deal
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #16 : April 06, 2011, 07:54:10 AM »

I was just figuring out how much I paid (1999) for my water (share my parents well with my house) so connecting to them and sewer (had to have a mound system and pump station for sewer) it looks like I paid about $14,000-$15,000.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
mirjo
: 785

« #17 : April 07, 2011, 11:40:12 PM »

I don't pay water/sewer fees either having never lived in an area where I needed to, but if some one is late in paying in the first place, as someone pointed out, chances are assessing  a penalty doesn't help the situation any, it just makes everyone else feel better. It's like kids arguing and saying, so there! It really means nothing. If the offenders don't  have the original payment are they going to worry about  a late fee? I'm not saying it's right, I'm just pointing out that assessing late fees (on anything) for none payment is illogical. My theory is that (generally) people pay their bills when they have the money to do so. Not everyone falls into that category, but most people do. No money, the whole system breaks down. The town needs the usage payments to pay whatever/whoever, if it doesn't come in it creates a problem down the line...:P

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
cedarman
: 370

« #18 : April 08, 2011, 11:53:32 AM »

Is a flat late fee legal?  Most businesses providing goods/services charge interest on accounts over 30 days. The only exception I can think of is in the finance sector (banks/CC).

I'm just curious if there are any VT laws specific to adding charges to overdue bills.
David Shea
: 471

« #19 : April 08, 2011, 12:25:26 PM »

I can not believe that this topic is up for debate!  As a community we collectively elected the select board to perform day to day operations of the town.  If members of the board are questioning minor policies like this, ask yourself: "Am I really qualified to be on the board?"

Bringing questions / doubt to the resolutions already passed by the select board, over a small potatoes issue like this, does not bode well for acting as a member of a team.  This question should have been put up for debate in the board meeting, voted on and the outcome should stand without further debate. 

I have an idea, since there is not a penalty for not paying for water and sewer service in the village, why doesn't everyone just stop paying. 
mirjo
: 785

« #20 : April 08, 2011, 12:49:56 PM »

David, I think this was just a question posed  by Chris, nothing official. Just the usual forum debate is all.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #21 : April 08, 2011, 12:51:46 PM »

Yes, cedarman, I don't have the statute number though off the top of my head.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Mummy
: 280

« #22 : April 10, 2011, 02:55:28 PM »

Would anyone here like to take a stabe at the price of "pumping" their own Septic System? 
Would anyone here like to take a guess of the price of installing a Septic System?  How about a Leach Field? 
How about the price of a well and the pump for the well? 
Anyone???????   Didn't thinki so.

If you never had to investigate these prices ... then PAY YOUR BILL and pay it On TIme!  To install or maintain any of the above is MUCH more than what you are paying with or with out a lot of folks in your house.  For $450 -$500/year I would prepay my Water/Sewage bill GLEEFULLY!

But then what would you complain about ...?
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #23 : April 10, 2011, 04:53:55 PM »

Are the delinquent individuals given the opportunity to develop a payment plan?  I realize that undoubtedly some folks abuse the system, but there are others who, perhaps, have fallen into tight economic straits, and a payment plan might help both them and the village.....
al brodeur
: 216

« #24 : April 10, 2011, 06:36:29 PM »

$600 a year for water and sewer is fair when one thinks about the alternatives what does a mound system cost in Vt here in pa 20-40k with a life +or minus of 10-20 yrs and the cost of pumps and whatever and least not forget the systems fail when the ground is snow covered and its cold down here some townships require a plumbing certification for selling a house with septic systems along with well water certification. the bad news is that if you do not have all of this , it will be coming thanks to the EPA
Mummy

« #25 : April 10, 2011, 08:39:41 PM »

If The Town of Fairfax is looking for suggestions on this topic, here is mine ....

All new applications for Water should include a $100.00 refundable deposit at time of disconnection.  This would give the Water Dept a working surplus and protect The Town a little bit on those whom feel entitled to dump on the rest of us should they not pay they loose their $100 deposit. 

However, The Town of Fairfax would never do this because it would be an UNPOPULAR move.
cedarman
: 370

« #26 : April 11, 2011, 09:27:47 AM »

Water/sewer is a service.  Like all services, it CAN be discontinued by the provider for non-payment.

Is there a legal requirement for how much notice is required for deliquent service users before being able to disconnect?  For example, renters must be given a 30 day written notice of eviction for not payment of rent. 

rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #27 : April 11, 2011, 12:44:44 PM »

TO BAD IT TAKES A WHOLE lot longer to evict someone then 30 days
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #28 : April 11, 2011, 02:03:28 PM »

Rev Liz,
Anyone who finds themselves behind in the water payment,
may call Amy at 849-6111 and set up a payment plan.
They will not be charged a late fee, as long as they keep up with the payments.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Mummy

« #29 : April 11, 2011, 02:24:30 PM »

Gee ....

Don't suppose that is the reason why so many DON'T pay their Water Bills .... The Town of Fairfax makes it so easy NOT to pay it!  It is a bill, darn it pay up or move out and someone in charge better take the stand and tell these folks just that! 

If they don't pay their TAXES, there are Late fee's then there are Attorney FEE's and then your home is sold!  Is The Town of Fairfax going to set up a payment plan for TAXES without fee's too?
: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
: