Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:41:34 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  BFA Fairfax Unified Sports Snowshoe Team
« previous next »
: [1]
: BFA Fairfax Unified Sports Snowshoe Team  ( 5079 )
VT Maineiac
: 34

« : March 12, 2011, 08:08:51 AM »

On March 11th, the BFA Fairfax Unified Sports Snowshoe Team traveled for the first time with coaches and parents to Suicide Six in Woodstock, VT to compete in the 2011 Snowshoe Competition. Eighteen schools were represented by over 200 competitors. Races were divided into divisions and each athlete competed in 2-3 races.

Being our first time there we went in with the attitude to do our best and have fun while doing it. Amidst the rain and fog all day, our BFA athletes competed with a lot of heart and good sportsmanship. With the parents and coaches cheering them on and having hopes of winning a medal, they were absolutely amazing! Fairfax won 13 medals and represented our school and program with pride.

The high school athletes were Johnny Moretti and Connor Byrne coached by Tim Rich. The elementary athletes were Ian Carpenter, Gwen Jumper, Savannah Donaldson, Hannah Rainville and Hannah Weed coached by Cindy Anderson, Sandy Brown and myself.

Thanks to the parents for supporting our athletes and helping us make it through the day and to Bradely Jumper for a great bus ride! Also thanks to all of those who supported people for the Penguin Plunge - Unified Sports is supported by this event.

It was exciting to hear the athletes (and coaches) on the bus ride home already planning for next year!

Heather Weeks

Heather Weeks
Terri Santee
: 77

« #1 : March 12, 2011, 09:03:39 AM »

Great job team Fairfax!
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #2 : March 12, 2011, 04:01:45 PM »

Great job, team!
roadkill
: 80

« #3 : March 12, 2011, 08:01:06 PM »

I am just a maintenace person at school but in my oppinion this has been the best year ever in student behavior and faculty support, Collective Bargaining, Unions, and a persons hourly rate does not spply. I really mean it. Ive been here going on 13 years and am happy to say that our teacdhing staff, paraeducater staff, the abbey, the bus drivers, and us costodians, are contributing to this being even a greater year.  L ets all be Happy, Proactive, and proud of ourselves for doing s great job. Thank You ALL, You make our lives easier, Thank You
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #4 : March 13, 2011, 05:38:02 AM »

Please, 'just a maintenance person,' ! Hardly!  The work you do is critical to the functioning of the entire school. Don't demean what you do with the word, 'just.' And thank you for your important and supportive words about  our educational community.
« : March 13, 2011, 11:38:48 AM Rev. Elizabeth »
Suzy
: 429

« #5 : March 13, 2011, 09:06:16 AM »

Amen Rev. Elizabeth! 
Awesome news, Roadkill!   :D
Sooz
Dick Brown
: 414

« #6 : March 14, 2011, 01:27:27 PM »

Gary      The " voice of the Bullets " speaks well . I agree also with Rev. Griffin.....you're much too valuable ( along with Mike Cain ) to consider yourself " only a custodian " !!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: