Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:34:55 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Sam Webb Road Burglar Caught
« previous next »
: [1]
: Sam Webb Road Burglar Caught  ( 5990 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : March 02, 2011, 05:11:42 PM »

STATE OF VERMONT
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
VERMONT STATE POLICE
PRESS RELEASE
INCIDENT:  Burglary
CASE #:  11A200844

TROOPER:   Lozier   STATION:  VSP ST. ALBANS   CONTACT#:  524-5993
DATE/TIME:  February 26th, 2011 at approx. 1600 hours

LOCATION (specific):  Residence on Sam Webb Road in Fairfax, VT
VIOLATION:  Burglary to a residence
ACCUSED:  Andrew Bechard                     
CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE: Jeffersonville, VT

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:  On February 26th, 2011 a homeowner on Sam Webb road in Fairfax, VT called to report that an unknown male just left her residence in a dark colored truck with her stolen property in the back of it.  The homeowner/victim stated she confronted the male after she observed him backed up to her garage making several quick trips back and forth from the her garage to his truck. 

Before the male could leave, the victim wiped off his license plate and ran next door to contact VSP.  While Troopers responded to the area, it was determined that the truck was registered to Andrew Bechard (37 years old), a resident of Jeffersonville, VT.  VSP was unable to locate Bechard initially due to the fact that he actively avoided law enforcement.  The following day, VSP showed the victim a photo lineup, including a photo of Bechard.  The victim was able to identify Bechard as the male responsible for the burglary.

On February 28th, Troopers from the Williston and St. Albans barracks executed two warrants in Jeffersonville, VT.   One warrant was conducted at the residence of Bechard and a second warrant was conducted at a storage unit rented by Bechard.  Subsequently, Bechard was later arrested and arraigned on the charge of Burglary. 

S/T Cory Lozier
Vermont State Police
St. Albans Barracks
Phone:  (802) 524-5993
Fax:      (802) 527-1150
Email:   clozier@dps.state.vt.us

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : March 03, 2011, 08:44:14 AM »

From what I gather from the report this was a woman - Pretty brave I would say to confront this guy by herself and go wipe off the license plate, which this time of year is usually so muddy you can't read it.

I keep thinking I should carry my camera with me, which is probably what I would use if I saw something like that, but it certainly would not be as effective as the license plate number.

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : March 03, 2011, 12:02:14 PM »

Kudos to her! Glad they caught him and returned her belongings. 

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #3 : March 03, 2011, 01:29:14 PM »

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Shadylane08
: 125

« #4 : March 03, 2011, 02:14:10 PM »

Too bad she didn't pull out a cute little 38 outta her purse, I bet the guy woulda changed his tune really quick and quite possibly woulda moved all her stuff back inside ;-)

But eitherway, way to be alert, calm, and take care of business!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: