Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:27:42 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  shumlin keeps spending/ Carolyn help
« previous next »
: [1]
: shumlin keeps spending/ Carolyn help  ( 3128 )
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« : February 17, 2011, 06:41:04 PM »

did you see today that shumlin just wrote a check for 6 million more dollars for this years budget ,how can that happen? I thought that the budget was already voted on. will this add to next years 250 million dollar hole ?
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« #1 : February 22, 2011, 06:52:44 AM »

Ed,

I think what you saw was a reference to the Budget Adjustment Bill. There were about $6 million in changes made to the fiscal year 2011 budget, mainly to Department of Corrections and appropriations for unmet Challenges for Change. FY 2011 is the year we are in right now, started July 1, 2010 and will end June 30, 2011. You are correct that the bill asked for about  $6 million in new money, and was paid for with the unexpected revenues that came in the last quarter. I reported those new revenues  several weeks ago. It doesn't take long to spend whatever comes in! 

I am trying, but they outnumber me.

If you need me in a hurry, e-mail me at cbranagan@leg.state.vt.us    I get a chance to check Henry's site very rarely these days.  I plan to be at Fairfax Town Meeting on Saturday.

Stay warm.

Carolyn B.

Carolyn Branagan
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #2 : February 22, 2011, 06:23:20 PM »

maybe the  egyptian youth have the right idea
: [1]  
« previous next »
: