Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:18:44 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  A New Restaurant With Some Familiar Faces And Familiar Prices
« previous next »
: [1]
: A New Restaurant With Some Familiar Faces And Familiar Prices  ( 5943 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 24, 2011, 03:40:30 PM »

If you get a chance, check out the new Jem's Place in the J C Penny Shopping Center in St. Albans.  It is located North of the Chinese Buffet before you get to Rite Aide.  I have posted the menu & prices here.  Sam Jadallah is attempting to bring back some good food at family prices.  He is serving breakfast all day and is open Sunday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.

The phone number is on the first page of the menu - I am doing this from memory, so you might want to call before you drive out and I have given you the wrong information.

I was happy to see Dave Shover and also one of the other old waitresses that I recognized along with Sam.  We wish you the best of luck Sam and the prices look pretty darned affordable.

« : February 24, 2011, 03:42:22 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
lena6
: 357

« #1 : February 26, 2011, 12:56:15 PM »

I believe that Sam's daughter is running the place.
sweetpeakt
: 43

« #2 : February 28, 2011, 12:15:59 PM »

I'm going to have a hard time supporting Sam after what happened with the Pantry.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : February 28, 2011, 12:57:09 PM »

Prices look great!  Will have to make a trip out there for dinner.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
ohhman
: 469

« #4 : February 28, 2011, 02:13:25 PM »

I agree with you sweetpeakt;  somehow after seeing a name in the paper for what it was, it's kind of a turn off.  Someone's name may be in place of who's running it, but who is the actual person in charge?  Just like what happened @ the pantry... 
Papi
: 66

« #5 : February 28, 2011, 02:51:10 PM »

Based on what is in the public record, it is impossible to wish him "the best of luck" in my opinion.....
swilliam
: 47

« #6 : February 28, 2011, 03:47:29 PM »

On another note, I had my first meal at Athena's Diner is St. Albans last week.  Very good food at reasonable prices.  Large variety of items and while I didn't have desserts, they were displayed in a glass case and looked awesome. Will definitely go back there.

Not sure I could support Sam's new place either, no matter whose name it's in.  Something I'd have to think about.
monte198
: 79

« #7 : February 28, 2011, 03:49:42 PM »

I have to agree.  Eventhough i believe the restraunt is in his daughter's name.  After seeing sam's name in the paper and on the news i will have a hard time supporting him.  There are many new restraunts in st.albans and i want to try them all.  I do miss the farmhouse breakfest.
Mummy
: 280

« #8 : February 28, 2011, 05:58:05 PM »

I agree with Papi! 

Is there NO SHAME?  Sometimes it is just better to disappear!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: