Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:55:21 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  JoAnne Wilkin's Neice Fatality In Oregon Accident
« previous next »
: [1]
: JoAnne Wilkin's Neice Fatality In Oregon Accident  ( 4951 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 21, 2011, 04:51:04 PM »

Published: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 10:23 PM     Updated: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 11:14 PM
 By Natalie Feulner, The Oregonian

Oregon State Police troopers are investigating a Sunday morning crash on U.S. 26 near the Saddle Mountain junction east of Seaside that left one woman dead.

Jessica S. Maclay, 30, was driving westbound in a 2002 Kia Optima and spun out of control across the highway before crashing broadside into a fire truck parked on the side of the icy road.

Jessica is the daughter-in-law of JoAnne's sister, Marie and and was killed in this traffic accident in Oregon. Her son was injured, but is out of the hospital. Their granddaughter was uninjured (in a carseat).

Maclay was critically injured and was transported by LifeFlight to Legacy Emanuel Medical Center where she later died.

Her husband, Thomas Maclay, 32, was in the right front seat and received minor injuries. He has been transported to Columbia Memorial Hospital in Astoria and is expected to survive.

The couple's 8-month-old daughter was in an infant seat in the rear of the car and was not injured.

The Hamlet Fire Department fire truck with volunteer firefighter Kyle Mergel, 35, seated inside was parked in the right hand eastbound lane after responding to a traffic crash near milepost 12 around 10:30 a.m. Mergel was not injured in the accident. 

The eastbound lanes of U.S. 26 remained closed until about 3 p.m. Sunday and OSP troopers from the Astoria Area Command office will continue the investigation this week.

-- Natalie Feulner

« : February 21, 2011, 04:53:50 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Torrie Dennis
: 53

« #1 : February 21, 2011, 05:20:12 PM »

So Sorry to hear this tragic news. My thoughts are with her family at this difficult time.
Judi
: 508

« #2 : February 22, 2011, 03:02:32 PM »

Joanne, I am so sorry for your loss, may she rest in peace.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: