Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:19:03 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  BFA Fairfax joins Burlington Penguin Plunge
« previous next »
: [1]
: BFA Fairfax joins Burlington Penguin Plunge  ( 2900 )
VT Maineiac
: 34

« : January 30, 2011, 06:17:26 PM »

BFA Fairfax has a team joining the Burlington Penguin Plunge Saturday, February 5th. The plunge is raise money and awareness for Vermont Special Olympics. BFA has a new Unified Sports Team, an elementary team and a middle/high school team that is currently practicing for a Snowshoe competition in March. The middle/high school team will also participate in Bocce in the spring. Unified Sports is unique in that partners from a team (one that qualifies for Special Olympics and one that doesn't) compete together against other teams. The effects of these athletes all working together is already showing evidence of more compassion and understanding of people's varying abilities as teammates are helping each other in the hallways and classrooms as well as in practices. We are excited for this new adventure for BFA and even more excited for our athletes.

If you want to donate to the Vermont Special Olympics, here is the link to the website or see one of us on the list. Thanks in advance for your monetary support and/or your general support of our BFA Unified Sports Team!

http://www.firstgiving.com/process/teamarea/default.asp?did=1479&TeamId=123369&EventId=96273

Heather Weeks
« : January 30, 2011, 07:46:05 PM Henry »

Heather Weeks
: [1]  
« previous next »
: