Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:30:57 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Police Coverage For Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: Police Coverage For Fairfax  ( 4133 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 03, 2011, 03:00:08 PM »

The Vermont State Police (VSP) is the responsible Law Enforcement Agency for Fairfax, as regulated by Vermont State Statute Law.  When the Sheriff's are patrolling the town, they take on the same responsibility and will provide the same level of qualified Law enforcement.  VSP will assist the Sheriff's (provide back-up) if the event arises.  VSP is provided the Franklin County Sheriff's patrol schedule for Fairfax. 

Emergency Calls:  VSP maintains 24/7, E911 dispatch Center.  The E911 call center takers will receive emergency call and will transfer them to the appropriate agencies i.e. VSP, Sheriff's, Fire Dept. and/or Rescue Squad. 

Sheriff's do not maintain a 24/7 telephone call center.  People should not call the Franklin County Sheriff's directly.  The VSP call taker will transfer all calls to the appropriate Law Enforcement Agency who is responsible at that given time. 

Non Emergency Calls:  VSP should be called at 524-5993.  24/7 coverage.

Fairfax Selectboard

Stacy Wells, Selectboard Assistant
On behalf of the Selectboard
Town of Fairfax
PO Box 27
Fairfax, Vermont 05454
802-849-6111
fairfaxselectboard@yahoo.com

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: