Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:34:14 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Merle Parenteau Dies At Age 67
« previous next »
: [1]
: Merle Parenteau Dies At Age 67  ( 2689 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 30, 2010, 08:35:35 AM »

MERLE G. PARENTEAU

FAIRFAX, Vt. - Merle G. Parenteau, 67, a longtime resident of Fairfax died suddenly on Tuesday, Dec. 28, 2010 in Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington with his loving family by his side. Merle was born in Montgomery, Vt. on Feb. 16, 1943, the son of Leo and Anna (Guyette) Pronto. He was a graduate of Newport High School and Champlain College. Merle was married in Newport, Vt. on Sept. 17, 1966 to Rae (Lyon) Parenteau. Merle served his country for the United States Navy as a Radioman 3rd Class and aboard the U.S.S. Vesole DD878 from 1962 to 1966, and for the U.S. Naval Reserve from 1968 to 1970. He also served with the Vermont Army National Guard Reserve, Green Mountain Boys Mountaineer Division from 1985 to 1998. Merle was employed for many years in retail management at Hannafords. He was a member of the Masons, Shriners, and Cellar Savers. He is survived by his wife of 44 years, Rae Parenteau; three children, Rebecca McNall, Eric Parenteau and wife Emily, and David Parenteau and wife Lola; grandchildren, Morgan, McKenzie, Michael, Olivia, Megan, Bailey, and Hannah; one brother, Edward Parenteau and wife Shirley; two sisters, Amelia Ormsbee and husband Frank, and Glennis Barry and husband Tom; and nieces and nephews. Merle was predeceased by his parents; his brothers, Melvin, Raymond, and Leo; and his mother-in-law and father-in-law, Merle and Roy Lyon. Visiting hours will be on Saturday, Jan. 1, 2011 from 10 a.m. to 12 noon with a prayer service beginning at noon at the LaVigne Funeral Home and Cremation Service, 132 Main St. in Winooski. Full military honors will be accorded Mr. Parenteau by the Vermont National Guard immediately following the services. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to a charity of one's choice or to Vermont Cancer Society , 121 Connor Way, Williston, Vt. 05495, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, or to a Shriners Hospital.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: