Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:13:26 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  GREG HARTMANN'S MISSION TRIP TO HAITI IN JANUARY
« previous next »
: [1]
: GREG HARTMANN'S MISSION TRIP TO HAITI IN JANUARY  ( 2860 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 27, 2010, 11:05:47 AM »

Below is a note from Greg Hartman, regarding his trip to Haiti in January:

As you have probably all heard from television and radio and read in newspapers and magazines the catastrophes that have devastated the country of Haiti this past year has overwhelmed the people of this country. On January 12th an earthquake hit Haiti killing thousands of people and destroying countless homes. Then an outbreak of Cholera infected the people of eastern Haiti and on November 3rd, Hurricane Tomas struck the country leaving further devastations (mudslides and heavy rainfall) on an already burdened population striving for the basic necessities for survival.

I will be going to Haiti from January 13 -20, 2011, with six Franciscan Friars and Sisters of the Renewal who serve the poor. In addition, three doctors, four nurse practitioners, four registered nurses and eight lay people will be providing much needed services to the people. We will be operating a free medical clinic, and treating the sick in the community. In addition, we will be repairing roofs on homes that were badly damaged from the earthquake and hurricane.

In order to provide these necessary services to the people of Haiti, we need your support. We need to purchase medicine for the clinics and materials to repair roofs. Also, we will be doing a food mission, distributing much needed food to the people in the communities we will be serving.

It is most likely we have never known what it's like to go to bed hungry because there is no food and no money to buy food; or being sick with no doctor in your community or no money to pay for medical services and necessary medicines; or having a tarp roof that leaks so badly you are unable to sleep.

We are extremely fortunate and have much to be thankful for. I will be grateful for any donation that you can make to help us help the people of Haiti. Any financial support you can give will be greatly appreciated, and should be received by January 5 to give us time to prepare. Checks may be made out to "Friar Suppliers" and mailed to me, Greg Hartmann, 275 Swamp Road, Fairfax, VT 05454.

All donations are tax deductible. You will receive a tax form in early February. We will also be making a DVD so you can see how your money has been spent. Friar Suppliers has been going to Haiti since 2003. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at (802)849-6232, or email me at greghelen@mvfairpoint.net.

Thank you for your support.
Yours truly,
Greg Hartmann

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: