Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:49:47 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  A Christmas Miracle
« previous next »
: [1]
: A Christmas Miracle  ( 3459 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : December 16, 2010, 10:30:34 AM »

STATE OF VERMONT
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
VERMONT STATE POLICE
PRESS RELEASE
INCIDENT:
CASE #: 10D203260
TROOPER: Sgt. Mike Sorensen   STATION: Brattleboro  CONTACT#: 802-254-2382

DATE/TIME: 12/16/10 0723 hours
LOCATION (specific): Gates Pond Road Whitingham, VT

VIOLATION: Found Child
SUMMARY OF INCIDENT: On 12/16/10 at approximately 0720 hours Brian Sullivan was driving to work on Gates Pond Road in Whitingham when he came upon a young male child who was approximately 18 months old, walking west on Gates Pond Road.  The child was wearing a red jacket, pants, shirt, and socks but no shoes.  At the time, it was extremely cold and there was a light snow falling.  Sullivan stopped, got the child out of the road, brought him to a nearby residence and called the State Police.  Given the nature of the incident and the cold temperature (approx. 12 degrees Fahrenheit), the State Police requested that the Whitingham Ambulance respond to check the child out.  Whitingham Ambulance personnel responded, checked the child out but found no health related issues with him.  They stayed with the child while Troopers responded to the area and canvassed the area houses with the assistance of other available Whitingham Ambulance personnel.  A member of the Whitingham Highway Department also assisted the investigation by providing a potential lead as to where the child may be from.  State Police checked that residence and found the child’s mother sleeping, approximately one hour after the original report was made by Sullivan.  The residence was approximately 500 feet from where the child was located by Sullivan. The 21 month old male child was reunited with his mother and father.  Apparently the child had put his coat on and left the residence while his mother was sleeping; his father was at work in Wilmington. Per State Police policy, the names of the juvenile and his parents will not be released.  State Police are mandated to report such incidents to the Division of Children and Families, and such a report was made.

The State Police would like to thank all involved in this incident, as their combined efforts averted a potential tragedy.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #1 : December 16, 2010, 01:16:58 PM »

WOW!!!!!! That is really scary

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
GamingWeasel
: 184

« #2 : December 16, 2010, 01:19:58 PM »

That's one precocious toddler.

Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: