Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:46:38 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  2010 Fairfax Community Christmas Concert Pictures
« previous next »
: [1]
: 2010 Fairfax Community Christmas Concert Pictures  ( 5339 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : December 05, 2010, 11:07:55 PM »

The Annual Fairfax Community Christmas Concert was held Sunday Dec. 5 in the High School Gym at BFA.

Bells of Ascension

Fairfax-Fletcher-Westford Band

Santa was there and was a hit with the little kids.

Santa was a hit with the big kids, too.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : December 06, 2010, 08:07:52 AM »

Thanks Mike - Was hoping someone would catch a photo of you with your cake - Glad you had a great 50th

Henry Raymond
msm
: 211

« #2 : December 06, 2010, 10:28:45 AM »

Hey -- when were the stairs leading to stage removed ??   I'm guess for safty reasons ...
Dick Brown
: 414

« #3 : December 06, 2010, 10:53:33 AM »

FYI , in 1972 , as the new addition was being designed , several members of the School Board raised that particular safety question with the Architect and were told that in order to win State Approval of the space as a multi-use room , the stairs were necessary , so it was done , but through the years the various Boards  worried about the placement,  and we ended up putting mats down under the basket for the players protection .   Glad to see that hazard was removed .
VT Maineiac
: 34

« #4 : December 06, 2010, 04:05:45 PM »

The custodians built pieces to cover the stairs that can be removed when necessary, but are up for safety during basketball season.

Heather Weeks
msm
: 211

« #5 : December 07, 2010, 08:06:52 AM »

VT Mainiac,

Dick and I are dating our selves ---  When the 'New Gym' was built there was a set of hardwood stairs across the entire face of the stage or the entire width of the stage opening.   The stairs were built with a series of small incremental steps, making the slope rather gradual, but functional.  As you can image this set of stairs was a safety concern,  there was a set of pads that were used for player protection.  Looks like the change was implemented many years ago ...     
VT Maineiac
: 34

« #6 : December 07, 2010, 08:19:46 AM »

The stairs are still under there and are exposed when needed. The custodians just remove the "blocks". I would guess this was done 6 or 7 years ago. (time slips away quickly for me, it might have been longer)

Heather Weeks
: [1]  
« previous next »
: