Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:49:01 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Food Shelf info
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Food Shelf info  ( 4841 )
Shadylane08
: 125

« : November 30, 2010, 03:59:11 PM »

My fiance and I were wanting to donate some food to the local food shelf for the holidays and I was looking for info if anyone has some.  Like when is it open for drop offs, what kind of foods are they looking for, and its at the Methodist church correct?  Any more info would be great

Thanks
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : November 30, 2010, 04:37:04 PM »

FAIRFAX FOOD SHELF is located in the United Church, on the corner of Fletcher and River Roads, by the blinkin' light, near the bakery.
Open first two Wednesdays of month, 9-12, and the fourth Saturday of the month.

Confidentiality respected. Questions: 849-6588.  Please use the downstairs entrance.

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #2 : November 30, 2010, 05:02:54 PM »

Ah, were you the people who dropped off food?  There were two sacks of food at the door when I went down to teach the exercise class.  Thank you! And if it wasn't you--thank you for your thoughts, and thank you to whoever was so generous!
Shadylane08

« #3 : December 01, 2010, 08:47:14 AM »

Thanks Henry for the info.

Nope Sorry Rev that wasn't us.  Although I'm sure you'll be seeing us in a week or two!

On a side note does anyone know of anything in the area where hunters who have had successful deer hunting seasons this year can donate venison to a food shelf or something?  I know there are several states that have programs for this.  Ohio has "Hunters for the hungry", and Iowa has the "HUSH Program" Help Us Stop Hunger.  I think this would be a great program for Vermont.  I know several sportsman and sportswoman in the area that would probably participate

mirjo
: 785

« #4 : December 01, 2010, 03:06:57 PM »

You could check with the Georgia food shelf--I'm not 100 percent sure, but they might have refrigeration/freezer capacity and might be interested. Just a thought. It's located at the back of the Public library on Rte 7. I don't recall the hours, but the Georgia library might have that information. Just a thought.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Shadylane08

« #5 : December 01, 2010, 03:14:16 PM »

Thanks Mirjo
tfence
: 257

« #6 : December 01, 2010, 06:48:13 PM »

Going Places Learning Center (behind J&L Hardware) is a drop off location for the food shelf if in the event they are closed. Our hours are M-F 6:45 AM to 5:45 PM.

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
: [1]  
« previous next »
: