Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:27:16 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Robert & Carlene Sweet Married 60 Years Ago Today
« previous next »
: [1]
: Robert & Carlene Sweet Married 60 Years Ago Today  ( 3300 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 18, 2010, 03:06:48 PM »

Carlene Elmira Bevins and Robert Hobart Sweet were married 60 years ago today on November 18, 1950.  Robert was a laborer, living at RFD#3, Winooski in the town of Colchester and Carlene, who did housework, lived in Fairfax.  It was the first marriage for both of them.  They were married by Rev. D. Styles, Jr., a Methodist Clergyman from Fairfax.  In 1953, when their oldest son Dennis was born, Robert was working for Roma Laverdure, who owned the Boissoneault Farm on The Boissoneault Road at that time.  Up until a few years ago, Carlene & Robert lived here in Fairfax at the foot of Mill Hill at 38 Fletcher Road.

What a wonderful long and happy marriage - Congratulations Carlene & Robert

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : November 18, 2010, 04:18:14 PM »

Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs Sweet; what an incredible milestone!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Dick Brown
: 414

« #2 : November 19, 2010, 11:51:36 AM »

Congrats to Bob & Carlene and their family. I remember Carlene and her wonderful sense of humor from the Hot Lunch Program years ago , and I still chuckle today thinking about the antics of Nellie's girls.....including Carlene. Good people, a pleasure to have known you, Bob & Carlene .
: [1]  
« previous next »
: