Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:29:23 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  FAIRFAX COMMUNITY RECREATION PARK - BUTTONING UP
« previous next »
: [1]
: FAIRFAX COMMUNITY RECREATION PARK - BUTTONING UP  ( 3595 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 16, 2004, 05:37:27 AM »

Hi All,

Greetings,
The Fairfax Community Park & Recreation Path Project has its first ball field completed and we need to get it seeded now!  We need help locating rectangular hay bales that are dry for the hay bale chopper for mulching.  400 bales of hay is needed.  Donations would be great as it all goes towards our sponsor match OR if not feasible there are grant funds that can pay for the hay!    Hay is needed within the next two weeks.  As the construction season comes to a close, we need to get our brand new ball field seeded and mulched before its too cold for the grass to take.   Please contact Myles Cahoon 849-6695 with your hay information.

We also need volunteers at this critical time.   Our Park needs to be buttoned up for the season and help on a variety of tasks is needed:
(1) We have an approximately 100 sq ft area, one foot high spread out mound of dirt (Phase II - Athletic Field area) that needs to have erosion control measures put in place (seed spread...probably hand spread because its uneven, and mulched with hay).  <timeline: within month...grass seed is supposed to be able to grow before snow falls>
(2) Also we have fencing and trees being delivered and installed within the next month and need to weed wack the base of the construction orange barrier fencing and have that pulled out before the new steel fencing can be installed.  <timeline: within month...not sure when fencing order will be in>
(3) We hate to say it, but the Guard misunderstood and spread bank run gravel on top the beautifully flat access road last weekend, so now the access road has toaster and smaller sized rocks bulging up all over the place that requires someone to walk down the access road with a wheel barrow and pull all these "stones" out (probably placement of these stones in drainage ditches laid out at the mouth or exit of pipes at cul-de-sac or at the bend of access road)...a crew of people doing this could easily complete this in the morning. <timeline: within month>
(4) We also have other jobs that come up...like it would be nice to have a couple extra people available to help with the mulching when the landscaper is done his seeding.   Right now Bob Ovitt will be onsite the next couple days, and weather permitting will spread and grade the topsoil.  Then Pelkey Landscaping will come in and fine grade the soil and seed the area.  Pelkey has a bale chopper that will be on his truck and trailer but we need at least two people to help with this mulching operation which could be as early as this upcoming weekend (Sept 18th or as late as the following week or weekend). <timeline: mulching help within week or week and half>
(5) Drainage ditching isn't quite right and some work around the culverts and drainage piping is needed (clearing & placing stones, etc).  Myles can direct this effort, but need some people who might be available to help with this. <timeline:  within two months>
Hay information and volunteers may contact Myles Cahoon or myself.
(6) The Park Committee is looking for anyone who works for CVPS.  There is a grant from this company available to community projects when a CVPS employee is involved.  So if anyone works for or is affiliated with CVPS, please contact us.  I know it's a long shot, but if you don't ask, you won't know.
Thank you,
Carol Lizotte
Fairfax Community Park & Recreation Path Project Contact (827-9723)
Myles Cahoon - Fairfax Community Park & Recreation Path Project Manager (849-6675 or menmy@sover.net )

Henry Raymond
Jim Hogan

« #1 : September 16, 2004, 10:30:39 AM »

Hi Carol,
I am with the Knights of Columbus council from St. Lukes.  I will direct this article to my fellow Knights and see what we can work up as to helping you and the committe out.  We will be getting together tonight and put out some feelers as to what time people could get together to assist you.  

As for the CVPS item at the bottom, would CVPS volunteer a list of employees in our town we could talk to or is that confidential information?  Sincerley, Jim Hogan.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: