Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:54:56 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Friends Work To Button Up Elderly Woman's House For Winter
« previous next »
: [1]
: Friends Work To Button Up Elderly Woman's House For Winter  ( 2967 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 26, 2010, 08:58:28 AM »

Plastic & Blanket Insulation was purchased from J & L Hardware and well over 100 bales of hay purchased from Claude Rainville to help make an elderly woman's home just a bit easier to heat this winter.  She has a real old uninsulated house, but hopefully this will help.

Identification of the house or the people doing the work is absent to keep anonymity, but I noticed one of the television stations had publicized people doing the same in Burlington, so thought you should all know that we have some kind and generous people here in the Fairfax Area also.

If you happened to be going by Claude Rainville's farm here on the Fletcher Road this past Saturday, I am told he was a busy guy as numerous people stopped to purchase baled hay for this purpose.

Henry Raymond
lena6
: 357

« #1 : October 26, 2010, 11:31:19 AM »

Some thing like this makes you believe in the human race again. 
Linda
: 48

« #2 : October 28, 2010, 08:04:06 PM »

Oh, Henry.  What a lovely, lovely story.  The highlight of my week, to be sure.   Thank you for sharing...and instilling a little hope in the world!  :)
red
: 41

« #3 : October 29, 2010, 05:56:23 AM »

What a great story.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: