Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:28:59 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Section of VT Route 36 Closed
« previous next »
: [1]
: Section of VT Route 36 Closed  ( 2901 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : October 19, 2010, 03:19:25 PM »

VTrans Closes Section of Route 36 in Fairfield

MONTPELIER – The Vermont Agency of Transportation (VTrans) today closed a section of Route 36 in Fairfield just east of Swamp Road due to a failed culvert. The road is expected to be closed into November until the Agency can erect a temporary bridge.

The average daily traffic for this section of Route 36, which is located 1.7 miles east of the St. Albans/Fairfield town line, is about 2,700 vehicles per day.. Motorists are encouraged to seek alternate routes, and to leave additional time to reach their destination.

“There are two culverts under the road in this location, and both are failing,” said VTrans Secretary David Dill. “Our inspectors determined that it is unsafe for the road to remain open, so we closed the roadway. Engineers have already been dispatched to assess what it will take to erect a temporary bridge, and we will restore traffic as quickly as possible.”

The failed culverts are located in a wetland area known locally as the Fairfield Swamp. Detour routes for trucks and other through traffic include Route 105 to the north and Route 104 to the south.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
red
: 41

« #1 : October 24, 2010, 03:12:40 PM »

The road is open but you need to drive slow.
khort
: 149

« #2 : October 25, 2010, 10:54:55 AM »

Thank goodness! We live on West Street which was one of the detour roads. The amount of traffic was amazing and they drove like they were on Route 36!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: