Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:08:10 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Home Invasion/Stabbing Death (of Intruder)
« previous next »
: [1]
: Home Invasion/Stabbing Death (of Intruder)  ( 13483 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : October 17, 2010, 02:06:09 PM »

INCIDENT: Homicide - Home Invasion/Stabbing Death
CASE #: 10C302561
TROOPER: Det./Lt. Tim Oliver
STATION: VSP-Shaftsbury                   

CONTACT#: 802-442-5421

DATE/TIME: 10.17.01 at 0120 hours

VICTIM/INTRUDER:  Joseph Roderigue, age 45, Bennington, VT

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT: On 10.17.10 at approximately 0120 hours, the Vermont State Police were called and advised of a stabbing that had occurred at 289 Middle Pownal Road in Pownal. When Rescue personnel and State Troopers arrived, they found the victim, Joseph Roderique, deceased inside this residence, apparently due to stab wounds.

The initial investigation revealed that the victim, Roderique, and a Matthew Greene, Sr., both of Bennington, VT had gone to the Pownal residence, apparently angered over some threatening correspondence between them and a Jeffrey LaFlamme, 38 years old. LaFlamme was at this Pownal residence with several other people when Greene and Roderigue entered the residence without permission. Roderique attacked LaFlamme and they became involved in a physical altercation. During this fight, LaFlamme ended up stabbing Roderigue. Roderigue was pronounced dead at the scene.

All parties are currently cooperating with investigators. 

This case will be presented to the Bennington County States Attorney Office for review and recommendation of charges, pending completion of the investigation.

The Bureau of Criminal Investigation, Uniform Troopers, and officers from the Bennington Police Department were involved in this investigation. It is continuing and anyone with any information is asked to call the Vermont State Police at 802-442-5421.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
al brodeur
: 216

« #1 : October 17, 2010, 08:28:44 PM »

is this a crime in Vermont? here in Pa. its not as long as the intruder was inside of the house
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #2 : October 17, 2010, 08:37:39 PM »

He won't get in trouble if he can convince to the DA that he feared for his life and it was self defense.  Entering the home unwelcome won't hurt the case though that is for sure. I my opinion if you barge into someones home uninvited to fight them I'm not gonna feel sorry for you if you end up dead.  Not a smart idea on the "Victims" part that's for sure

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
al brodeur

« #3 : October 17, 2010, 09:12:44 PM »

at least one thing is for sure the victim is rehabilated as far as breaking in goes and it cost the taxpayer nothing
but some legal beagel will try to sue saying that undue force was used
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #4 : October 17, 2010, 11:24:53 PM »

Drag them into the building no matter where they lay.

al brodeur

« #5 : October 18, 2010, 09:33:17 AM »

but be sure to clean up the blood trail and have the body position coincide with the wound usually bullet hole side up
Shadylane08
: 125

« #6 : October 18, 2010, 10:49:17 AM »

When I was pretty young my parents and I lived in the suburbs of Washington D.C.  Two different times while visiting family up here in Vermont we were burglarized.  After the 2nd time my parents asked one of the cops how they could prevent this and his answer was "buy a pistol, and if someone comes thru that door that you didn't want to come thru that door, pull that trigger till it go click, and if they fall out of the door drag em back in!"  We kinda say it now as a joke, but I highly doubt you'd hear an officer say that in todays day and age.
cedarman
: 370

« #7 : October 19, 2010, 08:08:26 AM »

It would be interesting to know more of the details.  I read that the DA is reviewing the case to determine if charges against the home resident will be filed.  I could see charges being filed if the guy had a couple dozen stab wounds, but short of something very excessive like that, It would be rediculous injustice for the guy who was attacked to be charged.
monte198
: 79

« #8 : October 20, 2010, 01:09:28 AM »

What you have to take into consideration is the use of force used to subdue the intruder.  Scenario if you for some reason shoot an individual a home invader so to say.  The first shot could be considered self defense but what about a second or a third.  It is all about how the jury of your peers see your actions. I would say the same for stab wounds.  But without more information number of stab wounds or the outcome of the investigation it is hard to say what an outcome would be.  I was always taught to stop or incapacitate the threat, and not to wound.
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #9 : October 21, 2010, 04:35:07 PM »

On 10.21.10 at approximately 1300 hours, Vermont State Police detectives arrested 38 year old Jeffrey LaFlamme and charged him with 2nd Degree Murder.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Shadylane08

« #10 : October 22, 2010, 07:33:40 AM »

This is a sad scary situation.  So basically we are being taught by this story that we are not suppose to protect ourselves from danger?  I really really hope there is more to this story then what the free press is reporting, if not this is a scary thing.  I know there are people out there that say no need to protect yourself thats the job of law enforcement but remember when danger to you or your family is only moments away, the local police are usually minutes away.

Like I said I really really hope there is more to this story then what we're being told.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #11 : October 22, 2010, 02:18:59 PM »

Like I said I really really hope there is more to this story then what we're being told.

I hope so too ShadyLane.  Someone barges into my house and then physically attacks me, I am going to defend myself.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #12 : October 22, 2010, 05:07:41 PM »

There WAS more to the story. 

WCAX reports:
Court papers shed more light on a murder investigation in Bennington County.

Jeffrey LaFlamme, 38 of Bennington, plead not guilty to second-degree murder. He was ordered held without bail.

According to police, LaFlamme lured Joseph Roderigue to his girlfriend's home on Middle Pownal Road in Pownal after exchanging threatening text messages throughout the night.

LaFlamme allegedly stabbed Roderigue twice.

Prosecutors say LaFlamme had placed a knife on a table close to him in anticipation of Roderigue's arrival.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
al brodeur

« #13 : October 22, 2010, 07:58:54 PM »

now it comes out ,it was not his residence, now if the person whose place it was had done the stabbing the story would be different
Shadylane08

« #14 : October 25, 2010, 08:51:54 AM »

Ahhhh it all makes sense now!  I love how the media takes a story and really runs with it before all the information is out
: [1]  
« previous next »
: